This vibrant veggie noodle bowl looks gorgeous and tastes even better. The noodle base is filling, with great crunch and texture and the chickpeas add a meaty texture. A drizzle of homemade sweet and sour dressing adds another layer of flavor. This refreshing dish is perfect for the transition from cool weather to warmer days.
For the Noodles:
- 1 cucumber
- 2 carrots
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 green pepper, chopped small
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds (optional)
For the Dressing:
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame seed oil
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dill
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients for the dressing and set aside.
- Using a spiralizer, make long noodle shapes from the cucumber and carrots.
- Drain and rinse the can of chickpeas and chop the green pepper into small pieces.
- Place all the noodle bowl ingredients in a bowl and pour dressing over. Toss until everything is covered and sprinkle with sesame seeds.