It takes about 5 minutes to prepare this dish and then you just have to wait 20 minutes for it all to get hot and the potatoes to get soft. Basically, you cut the potatoes and then dump everything in a large sauce pan and simmer. Not quite as simple as throwing a pizza in the oven, but pretty damn close. This recipe is also extremely cheap to make and can feed the masses. I would double the serving if you have more than 2 or 3 people as I guarantee they will go back for seconds.
Super Simple Potato Curry [Vegan]
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 small potatoes or 2 medium/large potatoes
- 1 13.66-ounce can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon grade B maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced ginger
- Add 1 tbs coconut oil to large skillet on medium heat. Add minced garlic.
- Once garlic is fragrant, add diced onion and cook until starting to turn translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, diced tomatoes, and spices. Stir to combine.
- Bring to a low simmer and add potatoes.
- Cover and let simmer on low/medium until potatoes are softened, 10-15 minutes.
- Add frozen peas, stir, and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Stir again and serve. Store leftover in airtight container for up to 1 week.