This cheese spread is delicious and great for those times where you crave something rich and creamy. Just be sure to omit the optional cashews if you're nut-free! It's relatively easy to make because it doesn't require any fermenting, draining, or any special equipment at all other than a good blender or food processor.
Sunny Hemp Cheeze [Vegan]
- 1 cup hemp seeds
- 1 cup sunflower seeds, soaked for 10 minutes in hot water
- 1/2 cup cashews (optional)
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons liquid aminos
- 1 tablespoon basil
- In your high-speed blender or food processor, add in the hemp and sunflower seeds (and cashews if using). Add in half the water and process until smooth. Add more water as needed just to get everything moving.
- Once it is smooth, add in the other ingredients and blend until well incorporated. You may need to add a bit more water at this stage to get everything mixed it just right.
EXPLORE MORE VEGAN RECIPES WITH THESE INGREDIENTS
All Vegan CheeseCondimentHemp SeedsNut-free Vegan CheeseSun-dried TomatoesSunflower Seed