This recipe is delicious and great for those times where you crave something rich and creamy. While it's not something I have very often, given that it is made pretty much entirely of seeds and optionally some cashews, it's a great replacement for anyone who has recently stopped eating dairy products. I love to serve this as a snack when I have guests. It's a relatively easy vegan cheese because it doesn't require any fermenting or draining, or any special equipment other than a good blender or food processor.
Sunny Hemp Cheeze [Vegan]
- 1 cup hemp seeds
- 1 cup sunflower seeds – soaked for 10 mins in hot water
- 1/2 cup cashews – (opt)
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp Bragg’s liquid aminos
- 1 Tbsp basil
- In your high speed blender or food processor, add in the hemp and sunflower seeds (and cashews if using). Add in half the water and process until smooth. Add more water as needed just to get everything moving.
- Once it is smooth, add in the other ingredients and blend until well incorporated. I like little pieces of sundried tomato spread through,but you can just make everything smooth if thats what you prefer. You may need to add a bit more water at this stage to get everything mixed it just right.
EXPLORE MORE VEGAN RECIPES WITH THESE INGREDIENTS
All Vegan CheeseCondimentHemp SeedsSun-dried TomatoesSunflower Seed