When it comes to flavor, this vegan Strawberry Shortcake is anything but short. Our moist vanilla cake absorbs the drips and drops of fresh strawberries and almond crème, all while standing perfectly tall.
Strawberry Shortcake With Almond Creme [Vegan]
- 2 ¼ cups unbleached organic flour
- 1 ¼ cups organic sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ½ cup safflower oil
- 1 ½ cups rice milk
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¾ pounds vegan cream cheese
- 2- 14 oz boxes silken tofu, extra-firm
- ½ cup agave nectar
- ¾ cup soy milk
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 1 recipe Shortcake
- ⅓ cup Strawberry
- Shortcake Crème
- 2 whole fresh strawberries,
- cut in ⅛-inch pieces
- Sift all dry ingredients together and place in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk and create a “well” for the wet ingredients.
- Place all the wet ingredients in a separate mixing bowl and mix using a whisk.
- Slowly add the wet ingredients into the mixing bowl and fold in.
- Place cupcake liners in the cupcake tin, and fill each compartment leaving ¼ inch from the top.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes at 325°F, or until a toothpick comes clean. Cool for 2 hours.
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and, using a hand-mixer, mix until smooth. Cool.
- Cut the cupcake in half. Place the bottom in a 9 ounce clear glass.
- Ladle ¼ cup of the crème in the cupcake. Lay out one sliced strawberry against the side of the cup.
- Place the top half of the cupcake on top of the crème, leaving the strawberries facing the outside of the cup.
- Dollop about 2 tablespoons of crème on top of the cupcake.
- Place the second strawberry over the top around the center.