A very simple stir fry, which makes it perfect for busy weeks. All you need to do is cut up some vegetables, prepare a simple sauce and sauté everything together. It will all be ready in less than 35 minutes. Plus, you can substitute the vegetables suggested for any vegetables you have on hand. It’s a great way to give life to older vegetables at the end of the week. You can also make this recipe on a Sunday and enjoy the leftovers throughout the week!
Tofu Broccoli Stir Fry [Vegan]
For the Stir Fry
- 1 package extra-firm tofu, cubed
- 1 broccoli, chopped in bite-sized florets
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 cup snap peas
- 1-2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil (or oil of choice)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sesame seeds, for topping (optional)
- Sliced green onions, for topping (optional)
- Rice or rice noodles (optional)
For the Sauce
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 6 tablespoons vegetable broth (or water)
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar (optional)
Mix all the sauce ingredients. Set aside.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large non-stick skillet. Sautée the tofu for 4-5 minutes or until lightly golden. Add salt and pepper.
Add the onions and continue cooking for 2 minutes. Add the broccoli and pepper and cook for another 3-5 minutes or until tender, stirring often. Add another tablespoon of oil as needed.
Stir in the prepared sauce and snap peas. Cook covered until tender.
Serve with rice or rice noodles if desired and top with green onions and sesame seeds.