Everybody loves spring rolls, but we don't want to limit ourselves to just one season for this delightful dish. Infuse your quinoa spring rolls with classic autumn flavors with this easy recipe. These spring rolls have the perfect combination of flavors and a great crunchy texture.
Squash and Asparagus Autumn Rolls With Maple Peanut Sauce [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Rolls:
- 1 delicata squash, halved and sliced into 1/4-inch slices
- 8 stalks of asparagus, halved
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- A sprinkle of salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa, cooked
- A handful of baby spinach
- 8 brown rice spring roll wrappers
- Sesame seeds and roasted squash seeds
For the Sauce:
- 4 tablespoons powdered peanut butter or natural peanut butter
- 3-4 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons shoyu or tamari
- 1-2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Toss the sliced delicata squash and asparagus in 1 tablespoon of olive oil and sprinkle them with salt and pepper.
- Spread the vegetables on a baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes. Flip them once during bake time.
- Lay all of your spring roll ingredients out on the counter in front of you: cooked quinoa, roasted asparagus, roasted squash, and baby spinach. Place a large plate filled with water on the counter alongside a wet paper towel laid out flat.
- Dip 1 spring roll wrapper into the plate of water for 15 seconds, then transfer to the wet paper towel. Top the center of the spring roll with 2 spoonfuls of quinoa, 2 pieces of asparagus, 2 slices of delicata squash, and a small handful of spinach. Fold the sides of the rice wrapper towards the center, then fold the bottom towards the center.
- Roll the wrapper until it resembles a spring roll. Repeat this process for the remaining wrappers.