This spring coconut curry is for those nights when you need a comforting dish with warming spices. The rich, golden sauce is created by the turmeric, hot chili sauce, curry powder, and soy sauce. Add your favorite vegetables and a heaping portion of brown rice for a filling dinner.
Spring Coconut Curry [Vegan]
- 1 cup brown rice, uncooked
- 1/2 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- Pinch of sea salt and black pepper
- 1-inch knob of fresh ginger, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 head of cauliflower, florets
- 1 small head of broccoli florets (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup frozen edamame
- 1 can light coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon raw coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon hot chili sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- Start by cooking the brown rice according to the directions.
- Meanwhile, heat the vegetable broth in a large saucepan or pot over medium heat. Sauté the onion and garlic until translucent, 3-4 minutes. Add a pinch of sea salt, and pepper. Next, stir in the ginger and red curry paste then sauté for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the bell pepper, cauliflower, broccoli, and edamame. Cover with lid and let steam about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, and adding vegetable broth/water as needed.
- Now pour in the can of coconut milk, 1/2 cup vegetable broth, soy sauce, coconut sugar, hot chili sauce, curry powder, turmeric, and garam masala. Stir until well combined. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer for about 8-10 minutes.
EXPLORE MORE VEGAN RECIPES WITH THESE INGREDIENTS