Quinoa, spinach, and bread crumbs come together in patty form for these hearty burgers. They’re very easy to make, and only require you to cook the ingredients and then mash them into patty form before baking or lightly frying them. For an extra kick, smear on some zesty ssam sauce.
Spicy Quinoa Burgers [Vegan]
- 8 ounces spinach
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1 cup gluten-free bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon ssam sauce (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Burger buns of your choice
- Cook the quinoa according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Process the spinach with a blender or food processor.
- Combine with the cooked quinoa and breadcrumbs. Season with ssam sauce, salt, and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 390°F. Form the patties and bake them for about 15-20 minutes. You can also fry them in the frying pan with a pinch of oil.
- Assemble burger as desired.