Everybody loves cauliflower ‘wings’ but this spicy cauliflower in bowl takes the concept to a whole new level of deliciousness. The hearty quinoa base is topped with fiery cauliflower, sautéd kale, and cream avocado to make a meal that’s got all the flavors you crave and the nutrients you need.
Spicy Cauliflower Power Bowl [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup vegan hot sauce
- 3 tablespoons Sriracha
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter
- 3 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1 cup quinoa, dry
- 2 cups water
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup kale, steamed or sautéed
- 1 1/2 cup chickpeas, cooked or canned
- 1 avocado, diced
- Parsley, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- Chop one head of cauliflower into florets and drizzle them with one tablespoon of olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Spread evenly over a baking sheet and roast it for 30 minutes, tossing it once or twice throughout.
- In the meantime, cook your quinoa.
- Boil 2 cups of water with 1 cup of dry quinoa, then turn down to a simmer and cover.
- Cook it for 15-20 minutes, or until all the water is gone and the quinoa is fluffy. You can also steam or sauté your kale a this time.
- In a small saucepan, whisk together the hot sauce, sriracha, butter, and coconut milk over medium heat.
- Once the butter is melted and the sauce is hot, turn off the heat and set the sauce aside.
- In a large skillet, drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil and add in diced yellow onion. Cook for 5-6 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
- Add in roasted cauliflower and top with the spicy sauce. Mix to coat all the cauliflower and onion in the sauce.
- Assemble your bowl and garnish it with parsley.