Cauliflower is roasted in a rich and spicy butternut squash sauce. As this dish bakes in the oven, the cauliflower absorbs the flavors and takes on a golden yellow color. Making this gratin won't require spending your entire day in the kitchen, but the results will taste like you did. If you're bringing this to a potluck, garnish it with sliced cherry tomatoes and chopped herbs, for presentation and flavor.
Spicy Cauliflower and Butternut Squash Gratin [Vegan]
This Recipe is :
For the Gratin:
- 1 medium cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 cup corn, thawed if frozen
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 jalapeño, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes, sliced thin
For the Sauce:
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 1 3/4 cups cooked butternut squash or 1 15-ounce can
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sweet curry powder
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon powdered cayenne pepper
- Salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Put all the sauce ingredients in a high-speed blender and mix until smooth. Set aside.
- Place all of the vegetables in a cast-iron pan or a baking pan, pour the sauce over, and mix.
- Cover with lid or foil and cook in the oven for about 30 minutes.