For a dish that you can really play with and make your own, check out this recipe for spicy seared heart of palm rounds. Since hearts of palm do not contain a lot of flavor on their own, the tender rounds will easily absorb any and all seasonings and spices you pair with them. With just three ingredients, this simple dish can be made and enjoyed in less than 15 minutes!
Spicy and Seared Hearts of Palm Rounds [Vegan]
- 1 14-ounce can of heart of palm, drained, and sliced into 1/2-inch rounds
- A couple of tablespoons of seasoning blend of choice
- 1 teaspoon of coconut or olive oil
- Add the seasoning blend to a small bowl. Dip rounds into the spices, flipping so both sides are coated. Lay on a tray or plate.
- Coat a frying pan with oil, just a thin layer will work. Heat the pan over medium heat.
- Carefully arrange the rounds on the hot pan. Cook on each side 1-2 minutes, until lightly browned. Transfer to serving platter or use as desired.
EXPLORE MORE VEGAN RECIPES WITH THESE INGREDIENTS
Hearts of Palm