This recipe for flatbread is a combination of sweet and spicy flavors. Cauliflower florets are tossed in curry powder and then roasted in the oven until golden. They're then sprinkled on the flatbread dough with sweet dried plums and caramelized onions. It's all topped with a creamy vegan cilantro yogurt sauce. When you take a bite, you get a burst of flavors — spicy, sweet, and tangy all at once.
Spiced Cauliflower, Dried Plum, and Caramelized Onion Flatbread Pizza [Vegan]
- 3 tablespoons neutral-flavored oil, like safflower or grapeseed, divided
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 3 cups cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1 1-pound ball pizza dough
- 1/2 cup dried plums, chopped
- 1/3 cup vegan yogurt
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Mix 2 tablespoons oil, curry powder and 1/4 teaspoon salt together in a medium bowl. Add the cauliflower and toss to combine. Spread the cauliflower out on a baking sheet and bake in the oven 10-12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and 1/8 teaspoon salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and caramelized, about 25 minutes.
- Turn the oven up to 450°F. Place the pizza dough on a lightly greased baking sheet and stretch it out to a rectangle about 1/4-inch thick. Spread the caramelized onions over the surface of the dough and arrange the spiced cauliflower and dried plums on top. Bake in the oven until crust is golden brown, 10-15 minutes.
- Make a cilantro yogurt sauce by blending the vegan yogurt, cilantro, lemon juice, water, and 1/8 teaspoon salt in a mini food processor or blender. Drizzle some sauce on top of the pizza and serve any remaining sauce on the side. Cut the flatbread into pieces and serve.
Calories 219; Fat 6.6g (Sat 0.5g); Protein 5g; Carb 36.7g; Fiber 4.3g; Sodium 604mg
EXPLORE MORE VEGAN RECIPES WITH THESE INGREDIENTS