This cinnamon and nutmeg spiced cake is sure to impress all your guests! It's topped with a dense buttercream frosting that might just be the best frosting you'll ever have. This cake is great for the wintertime, but it'll also be a hit in an season!
Spiced Cake With Coconut Almond Buttercream Frosting [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup millet flour
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup raw cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3/4 cup coconut butter
- Zest from one lemon
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 6 tablespoons aquafaba (liquid from canned chickpeas)
- 3/4 cup, plus 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 3/4 cup, plus 1 1/2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Scant 1/4 cup coconut butter
- 2/3 cup dried flaked coconut
- Scant 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- Pecans or other nuts, for topping
- Preheat the oven to 356°F.
- Mix all the dry cake ingredients in a food processor.
- In a separate bowl, mix all the wet ingredients and add to the dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Pour the cake batter in a round cake tin, and bake in the oven for 45-50 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and let it cool.
- In a food processor, mix all the buttercream ingredients together until creamy.
- Put the frosting on the cake once it has cooled completely, and top off with pecan nuts. If desired, slice the cake in half, for layers.