This gluten-free herb bread will be your new obsession. Made from almond meal and brown rice flour with flax and chia seeds added, it is packed with healthy fats. This bread is wonderful for breakfast, a snack, or as a companion to soups.
Spicy Seeded Herb Bread [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
2 or 3 loaves
- 2 2/3 cups almonds
- 3 cups pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 1/2 cups brown rice flour
- 6 tablespoons psyllium husk powder
- 1 tablespoon artisan bread topping (mixture of poppy/sesame seeds/coarse salt/sunflower seeds/caraway/flax)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 2 teaspoons coarse pink Himalayan salt
- 2 teaspoons flax seed meal
- 4 tablespoons chia seeds
- 5 cups fresh water
- Into your food processor, blend down the almonds and pepitas/sunflower seeds until a flour is achieved. Add that to a large mixing bowl and add the remaining ingredients. Stir well and let the chia absorb all the water for at least one hour.
- Preheat your oven to 400°F and spray your bread pans with coconut oil. Divide the dough equally into two pans (should only be about 2 inches tall, you may need more than two pans) and bake for 45-50 minutes or until golden. Remove and let cool completely before slicing and serving.
Inspired by Deliciously Ella’s Superfood Bread recipe.