One of the greatest vegan accidentally vegan discoveries of all time was the revelation that Speculoos biscuits are completely egg and dairy-free! (For those not in the know, Speculoos are crunchy spiced caramel biscuits from the Netherlands.) You can also find them completely pulverized into a smooth, decadent, and addictive spread. The cookies and the spread are both used in this recipe for Speculoos ice cream, for a double dose of cinnamon-y caramel goodness.
Speculoos Coconut Ice Cream [Vegan]
- 2 15-ounce cans full fat coconut cream
- 1 can condensed coconut milk
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Speculoos cookie spread
- 1/2 cup crushed Speculoos cookies
- Chuck all of the ingredients, minus the cookies into a blender and combine til smooth.
- Pour into your ice cream maker and follow the instructions for your machine.
- Once complete, pour into a container and allow to cool in the freezer until ready to serve.
- Add crushed cookies before serving.