This soft buns are a delicious morning treat! With chunks of melt-in-your-mouth dark chocolate, these buns are best right out of the oven and with a glass of almond milk. And because they are made with spelt flour, have no refined sugar or butter, they are a relatively healthier alternative.
Soft Chocolate Chip Buns [Vegan]
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup fresh yeast or 1 package dry yeast
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 4 1/2 cup spelt flour
- In a small pot, gently heat the almond milk until warm.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and mix in yeast, applesauce, salt, agave, and cardamom.
- Chop the chocolate and add it to the batter.
- Knead in the flour until the dough is soft and smooth. Then knead in the coconut oil.
- Let rise for 30-60 minutes.
- Make 10 buns and place them on a baking sheet with baking paper. Let rise for 30 minutes. Heat the oven to 390° F and bake the buns for 12-15 minutes, until they are golden at the bottom. Let cool and enjoy right away.