The gingerbread cookies taste what Christmas should taste like, and I’m certain you’ll be singing in no time too while you bake and enjoy these with your loved ones.
Sending giant gingerbread hugs and smiles your way!
Soft, Chewy Gingerbread Cookies [Vegan, GF]
- 2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves, ground
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1/4 cup sunflower oil
- 3/4 cup cane sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- In a large bowl, whisk together gluten-free flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, cloves, cinnamon, and ginger. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, beat sunflower oil and sugar together for 2 minutes.
- To the oil/sugar mixture, add the molasses and almond milk. Continue to mix for 1 minute.
- Add the dry ingredients, about 1/3 at a time until stiff dough is formed.
- Make the dough into a disk shape, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- Using a melon baller or about 1/2-3/4 tablespoon of dough, roll dough into balls of approximately equal size, and slightly flatten into a disk shape. Place onto the baking sheet spaced 2 inches apart.