There's nothing better than latkes, a crisp, delicious potato pancake that's typically served for Hanukkah. This easy recipe, however, takes latkes to the next level with a heavy hand of garlic, some shredded carrots, and some smoked paprika. Perfect for fall!
Smoked Paprika Potato Latkes [Vegan]
- 5 medium potatoes, any kind
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 large carrot
- 1 white onion
- 3 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup coarse cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon each garlic, onion powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Use the shredding attachment to your food processor and work through the potatoes, garlic, carrot, and onion. Then mix in the remaining ingredients and really work the mixture together with your hands. Allow it to rest for awhile.
- Then form small-ish balls with your hands, push them flat, and cook them in hot canola oil for about 4-5 minutes/side. Drain on a paper bag and keep warm until you're ready to serve. Hot sauce, ketchup, or soup are nice alongside.
Adapted from the Veganomicon