You know, as the saying goes, life is just a bowl of cherries. Why not make life interesting and turn those cherries into a single serving cherry crumble?
Single Serving Cherry Crumble [Vegan]
- 3.5 ounces cherries, halved and pitted
- 1 tbsp vanilla sugar or 1 tbsp sugar + 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp ground almonds
- 3 tbsp plain flour
- 1 tbsp oats
- 1 tsp vegan butter
- 1 tbsp brown sugar + more for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Get a ramekin ready. I like to use the little round casserole dishes with the lid by Le Creuset.
- In a small saucepan add the cherries and vanilla sugar. Cook for 5 minutes, slightly mashing the cherries with a wooden spoon until the juices run out and the fruit softens.
- Pour the fruit into the ramekin.
- In a separate bowl combine the ground almonds, flour and sugar. Rub in the butter using your fingers until the mixture resembles coarse sand. Stir in the oats.
- Top the fruit with the crumble mixture and sprinkle over brown sugar.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until bubbling.