This recipe is for perfect coconut macaroons that won't fall apart. They're free of refined sugar, but still sweet. As they bake, the coconut toasts and takes on a delightfully nutty flavor. You don't need any special ingredients to make these, either—everything you need is likely already in your pantry.
Simple Coconut Macaroons [Vegan]
- 2 cups shredded unsweetened organic coconut
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (full-fat from a can or freshly homemade), lukewarm
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil, soft but not liquid
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pure stevia extract powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar or palm sugar
- Preheat oven at 375°F and line a metal baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix all of the ingredients together.
- Gently scoop 1 tablespoon of the coconut mix and carefully drop on the prepared baking sheet. Use a small cookie scoop or a tablespoon if necessary.
- Bake on the middle rack for 20 minutes, or until the edges and bottom are slightly brown.
- Bump up your oven to its highest temperature and bake for 3 minutes or until the coconut macaroons are golden brown.
- Cool completely on a cooling rack and serve.
EXPLORE MORE VEGAN RECIPES WITH THESE INGREDIENTS