Sesame-roasted, maple chipotle delicata squash; crunchy sesame crust, sweet and spicy soft interior, fun looking, and oh-so delicious.
Sesame-Roasted Maple Chipotle Delicata Squash [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 delicata squashes
- 1/2 cup mix of black and white sesame seeds
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce from chipotle peppers, or mashed chipotle peppers
- Pinch of cinnamon (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425° F.
- Cut the delicata squash in half, and using a small teaspoon, scoop out the seeds; cut into 1/4-inch thick rings.
- Mix the coconut oil, and maple syrup with the mashed chipotle pepper, and a pinch of cinnamon if using, until a homogeneous sauce forms.
- Spread the sesame seeds on a flat surface.
- Dip each ring in the sauce, and remove the excess, then press into the sesame seeds on both sides.
- Arrange the rings onto a well greased baking sheet, and drizzle liberally with more oil, or better use an oil spray for easier distribution.
- Cover with foil, and roast for 20 minutes, remove the foil and roast for another 20 or so, until the squash is tender on the inside, and crispy on the outside.