This is a quick and easy tofu scramble fried rice that tastes great and will keep you full for hours. The combination of spicy, sweet and salty flavors combine into a fabulous flavored dish that can be eaten for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
Scrambled Tofu Fried Rice [Vegan]
- 1/2 large Onion Sliced lengthways
- 300 grams Firm Tofu Crumbled
- 1 tbs Nutritional Yeast Flakes
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Medium Carrot Peeled and diced into very small cubes
- 1/2 cup Peas - I used frozen
- 2 cups Cooked Rice
- 2 tbs Coconut Aminos (or 1 tbs tamari and 1 tbs rice vinegar)
- 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbs Coconut Sugar
- 1 tbs Miso paste
- 2 tbs water
- 1/2 tsp Chilli Flakes (or to taste)
- 1 clove Garlic minced or chopped finely
- 1/2 tsp coarse celtic sea salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper, ground
- Combine all of the sauce ingredients in a small bowl or pouring jug. Set aside for adding later.
- Put the sliced onion into a hot non-stick pan or wok. Stir until it turns brown and caramelized. If it does stick, add a touch of water to loosen it off.
- Add the crumbled tofu and stir through. Again, add a touch of water if it sticks to the bottom of the pan.
- Add all of the scramble spices and mix through thoroughly.
- Remove from heat and place in a bowl. Set aside while you cook the rest of the ingredients.
- Put the peas and carrots into the hot pan and stir for a couple of minutes until the carrots are done to your liking. Again, add a touch of water if it sticks to the bottom of the pan - however, this shouldn't happen if you are using frozen peas as the water from them will evaporate as you are cooking.
- Next, add in the sauce mixture and stir well.
- Turn heat down to medium and add in the rice. Stir until well combined.
- Pour the tofu scramble mixture in and again stir through.
- Take off heat and serve! YUM!
Use any vegetables that you like. If you don't like tofu, or want to change things up a bit, you could try mushrooms or black beans. So versatile - just use whatever you have in your refrigerator :-)