It really doesn't get easier than this. Basically we are spreading date caramel over cookies, freezing them for about 15 minutes, then melting chocolate chips and pouring it over the date caramel, sprinkling sea salt over and freezing again until the chocolate is hardened. That’s pretty much it! Then you have your Easy Date Caramel Crunch Cookies. I keep them in the refrigerator or freezer so the chocolate won’t melt everywhere.
Salted Date Caramel Crunch Cookies [Vegan]
This Recipe is :
- 10 small vegan ginger snap cookies (or cookie of choice)
- 12 medjool dates, soft and pitted (If dates are hard, soak in water for 30 min)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- pink sea salt (optional)
- On a plate or platter with a piece of parchment paper, lay 10 cookies, flat. Set aside.
- In a food processor, combine pitted dates, water, vanilla extract, and coconut oil. Blend until smooth with a thick caramel consistency. You may have to scrape down the sides at times.
- When the date caramel is ready, grab a spoon or small spatula and spoon over each cookie. Spread it out evenly so each cookie has the same amount of caramel.
- Place in freezer for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, clean up and start preparing chocolate chips.
- You can melt the chocolate chips in a small pan over the stove or in the microwave, which is the easiest.
- Remove cookies from freezer and pour melted chocolate over them with a spoon, it can be a little messy!
- Sprinkle a little sea salt over the chocolate (optional)
- Place back in freezer for 10-15 minutes until chocolate is hardened.
You can use any kind of cookie you want for this recipe. Chocolate chip, peanut butter, oatmeal raisin, whatever you please. Anything would taste good.