Every spoonful of this dessert is a delight. In this recipe, Japanese sweet potatoes, dates, pink salt, and natural sweetener blend seamlessly into a deliciously sweet caramel mousse that's then swirled with a rich chocolate mousse. Served in fancy glasses or thrifted mugs, this luscious mousse is the perfect dessert for date night.
Salted Chocolate Caramel Mousse [Vegan]
For the Salted Caramel Mousse:
- 2 cups peeled and steamed white sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup pitted fresh dates (Be sure to soak them first if they are too firm to blend.)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1 cup water
- A big pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown rice syrup
- 2 teaspoon maple syrup
For the Chocolate Mousse:
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon coconut cream
To Make the Salted Caramel Mousse:
- In a blender, purée all the ingredients until smooth and creamy. Taste. Add extra maple to your liking and blend again.
- Once sweet and smooth, transfer half of the mixture to a bowl, and then move on to making the chocolate mousse.
To Make the Chocolate Mousse:
- Add in the cacao, maple syrup, and coconut cream and blend well, stopping to scrape down the sides.
- Divide the filling between two glasses. Swirl the mousse together with a spoon, then transfer to the refrigerator for a few hours to firm up.
- Top with a tiny pinch of salt, if desired. Serve.