This cobbler boasts ripe apricots, sprinkles of lavender, and dried rose buds with a dense cookie-type topping. The sweetness is all fruit, no added sugar aside from a touch of date sugar. The recipe itself is very simple, healthy, and versatile. You can use whatever is in season! The berries of early summer or a delightful winter version would be apples with warming cinnamon and ginger cookie topping. Get creative!
Rose, Lavender, and Apricot Cobbler [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 6-7 Apricots
- 1/2 teaspoon lavender flowers
- 1/2 teaspoon Crushed Rosebuds
- 1 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 1 teaspoon orange blossom water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
- 2/4 cup and 1 tablespoon ate sugar
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons and 1 tablespoon coconut oil, divided
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and melt two tablespoons of coconut oil.
- Cut 2 or 3 apricots into slices and arrange on the bottom of a cast iron, or other oven-proof dish. Cut the remaining apricots in half, pit, and arrange face down on top of the slices.
- Sprinkle with lavender, crushed rosebuds, and one tablespoon of date sugar Add one tablespoon of coconut oil in a few separated chunks to the dish and set aside.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine melted coconut oil, oat flour, orange blossom water, vanilla paste, date sugar, and cold water until a stiff dough forms. Roll the dough out on the counter, using a ring or glass to cut out cookie like rounds. Arrange the rounds on top of the apricots.
- Bake for 15 minutes, remove from the heat and brush a bit of the now melted apricot and coconut oil from the bottom of the pan onto the top of the cookie rounds, continue baking another 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm.