Raw radishes can be very spicy, but roasting radishes mellows them out and brings out their sweetness. If you think you don’t like radishes, you MUST try them this way. It’s like a completely different vegetable when it’s roasted. Paired with Brussels sprouts that are roasted until crispy and tossed with bright lemon juice and thyme, this is the perfect side dish for springtime.
Roasted Radish and Brussels Sprout Salad [Vegan]
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved (or quartered if they are large)
- 1 pound radishes, trimmed and halved
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl and toss well to combine.
- Spread out in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, until the vegetables are starting to brown and crisp up on the edges.
- Serve immediately.