Parsnips soften significantly when roasted, making them the perfect candidate for being transformed into dips. Blended together with horseradish, their subtle flavor gets a kick of spiciness. Serve this alongside crackers, chips, or fresh cut veggies on game day!
Roasted Parsnip and Horseradish Dip [Vegan]
- 1 pound of parsnips
- 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons tahini
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven for 415ºF.
- Peel and trim parsnips. Cut into 1-inch pieces so they are all about the same size. Toss with olive oil. Bake for 30 minutes or until nicely browned.
- In a bowl, add all ingredients. Puree with your hand blender or use a food processor if needed. Add more olive oil to get the consistency that you like. Also, add more horseradish if you want it a little spicier.
- Serve right away if you like it a little warm or refrigerate until cooled and serve.