When brussel sprouts are roasted they become crispy, yet tender in the inside, with a nice smokiness from the turmeric powder. The combination of fennel and pomegranate seeds adds a beautiful dimension to this dish. The fennel is sweet and crispy, while the fresh pomegranate seeds top off the dish with a delicious burst of tart flavor that really brightens up the vegetables! You have to try this - it really makes for the perfect side during a Thanksgiving dinner or any night of the week!
Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Fennel and Pomegranate Seeds [Vegan]
- 5 cups brussel sprouts
- 1 fennel bulb
- Seeds from 1 1/2 pomegranates
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Few dashes of turmeric powder
- Sprinkle of sea salt
- Start by preheating your oven to 420°F.
- Then slice the brussel sprouts and fennel in half (lengthwise) and place in a large mixing bowl. Peal the first layer off the brussel sprouts and fennel to make sure they are really clean.
- Now sprinkle a few dashes of the turmeric powder, olive oil and sea salt.
- Mix well and then place the vegetables on a baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Half way through cooking, make sure to turn the veggies and drizzle with a little more olive oil.
- Once the brussel sprouts are crispy, remove from the oven, sprinkle with pomegranate seeds and enjoy this beautiful dish!