These savory carrot fritters make an excellent lunch or dinner. The outsides are crispy and fried while the insides are soft and just a little spicy. They are great served on top of a salad or along with guacamole or kale pesto. The possibilities are unlimited!
Roasted Carrot Pancakes [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 cups organic roasted carrots
- 1 cup organic buckwheat flour
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 big pinch pink Himalayan salt
- A dash of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- Pinch chilli flakes optional
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
For the Topping:
- Handful toasted walnuts
- Handful rocket leaves
- Mash the carrots roughly in a large bowl, add in the flour, baking powder, water, salt, cumin seeds, chili, and black pepper. Stir to combine everything thoroughly; the batter should be quite thick but still spoonable.
- Spoon dollops of the batter into a preheated frying pan with a little olive oil. Let them cook for a couple of minutes on a medium heat until they start to bubble then flip them over to cook on the other side.
- Place the fritters in a bowl and cover with a cloth to keep warm
- Repeat with the process with the rest of the batter.
EXPLORE MORE VEGAN RECIPES WITH THESE INGREDIENTS