Just because you're on a budget doesn't mean that you have to skimp on flavor. These simple refried bean enchiladas are packed with refried beans (which you can make oil-free), tangy black olives, and green salsa, then covered with spicy sauce and baked until warm and bubbly. They're served with a simple side of rice seasoned with cilantro and summer squash.
Refried Bean Enchiladas [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 flour tortillas or gluten-free tortillas
- 2 servings of rice
- 4 tablespoons green salsa
- 1/2 a 16-ounce can refried beans or make oil-free refried beans
- Sliced olives
- Enchilada sauce
- 11 ounces squash/zucchini
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 lime
- A handful of cilantro
- Salt, pico de gallo or salsa, and hot sauce for serving (optional)
- Cook rice. After rice is cooked, add 1 teaspoon oil, salt, and chopped cilantro.
- Cook yellow squash and zucchini using your method of choice.
- Divide 1/2 a can of refried beans between two flour tortillas. Add green salsa and sliced olives to the beans. Roll tortillas and coat with enchilada sauce. Bake 15 minutes at 375°F.
- Once enchiladas are cooked top with hot sauce and pico de gallo. Plate with rice and vegetables.
- Beans - All