I don't know why I didn't think of it myself, but luckily, Trader Joe's did. After nearly single-handedly devouring a tub of their Chipotle Pepper Hummus, I knew I had to make my own version, but without the the oil and bumping up the smoky chipotle flavor.
Smoky White Bean and Roasted Yellow Pepper Hummus [Vegan]
- 2 roasted yellow or orange bell peppers
- 1 15 oz. can of white navy beans, rinsed and drained
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 tsp. chipotle in adobo sauce
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 tsp. chipotle chile powder
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. smoked paprika
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/4 tsp. chipotle hot sauce
- Place the bell peppers, the navy beans, and the lemon juice in the bowl of a food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients and process until smooth.