The recipe asks for a cooked pumpkin. To do so, simply peel and cut the pumpkin, cover it with water, bring to boil and cook on a low heat for 15 minutes or till tender. For this very pie I used half of a medium sized Autumn Gold pumpkin. I am sure any other variety would perfectly do too. I used 21X21 cm dish. The crust turned out to be approximately 1 cm thick. I used stevia powder with the bulk from Stevija. I must honestly say that the tart did not turn out to be sweet enough for the most of those who tried it, so some drops of maple syrup on the top saved the deal.
No-Bake Coconut Pumpkin Pie [Vegan]
- 50 g raisins, soaked for at least 2 hours
- 50 g sunflower seeds, soaked for at least 2 hours
- 50 g dried coconut flakes
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1,5 cups of cooked pumpkin
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 200 g silken tofu
- 4 g agar-agar powder
- 4 tsp stevia powder**
- To make the crust, first melt the coconut oil over low heat, then blend it together with the raisins and sunflower seeds using a blender. Stir in the coconut flakes.
- Transfer the crust mix into the serving dish. Using a tablespoon or a spatula press the crust evenly on the bottom (and the sides if you have enough of the crust) of the dish.
- Pour the coconut milk in a small saucepan and bring it to the almost boiling point over medium-low heat. Stir in the agar-agar and continue cooking for a few more minutes, until the agar-agar dissolves completely.
- Blend together the pumpkin, silken tofu, coconut milk and stevia until smooth. Pour the filling carefully onto the crust.
- Refrigerate for at least two hours.