I don't know if this recipe is particularly Swedish, but I do know that Swedish people love easy made meals that can be eaten all year round. This is a easy and tasty recipe made with fake chicken, coconut milk (cream), spinach and bell pepper.
Coconut Cream Pasta [Vegan]
- 1-2 tins of Coconut Milk or Cream
- 1-2 Vegetable Stock Cube
- 1/4 red Bell Pepper
- 1/2 bag Fresh Spinach (or equal ammount of frozen chopped spinach)
- Salt & Pepper
- 8 Vegan Fake Chicken Fillets or equal ammount of chunks (I use rehydrated soy fillets, cooked in veg stock)
- 2 tsp Herbs (tarragon, rosemary and thyme)
- 1 medium-large Yellow/Brown Onion
- 4-6 Button Mushrooms (champignons)
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- Pasta (for this recipe I used egg-free spinach tagliatelle to bring even more spinach goodness to the dish)
- Vegetable/ Olive Oil for frying
- Start by rehydrating your soy fillets, if your using dried ones.
- Chop your onion fine, slice the mushrooms and dice the bell pepper. Gently fry in a large non stick frying pan until soft in the vegetable oil.
- Add the chicken and garlic. Just quickly fry before adding the coconut milk, vegetable stock and herbs. Taste! Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Now it is time to add the spinach. If you are using fresh spinach, chop into pieces and add in with your coco-no-chick pot.
- If you want more liquid, just add a few hundred ml of water and leave to simmer. (you might have to add more spices and herbs)
- Boil pasta, eat and enjoy.
If you want to make lots of food, this dish can be stored in your fridge for up to a week or even longer in your freezer. Simply defrost, reheat and eat. I recommend cooking new pasta for each meal time.