Sometimes one just wants a fancy breakfast. What's more posh than a breakfast parfait? But wait, we don't want a sugar-filled, cream-pumped parfait. We want a healthy, light, summer breakfast filled with nutrients and flavor.
Breakfast Parfait With Oats and Blueberry Pudding [Vegan]
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1.5-2 cups almond milk
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2-1 cup bluberries (depending on how blueberry-y you wish the pudding to be)
- 1/2 cup of old fashioned oats
- some chopped banana for garnish
- Mix the chia seeds, cinnamon, vanilla, and almond milk in a bowl. Stir well to make sure chia seeds are covered.
- Stir in the blueberries.
- Let set in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning, take the pudding out of the fridge, stir, and add more milk if desired.
- Make a parfait by alternating layers of oats and the pudding. Garnish with banana and enjoy!