This raw vegan “meatloaf,” or raw veggie loaf to be accurate, is primarily made from vegetables – carrots, radish, sun-dried tomatoes, celery – herbs, spices, and sprouted grains. This loaf is dehydrated until crispy on the outside with a perfectly soft inside. Serve this hearty and healthy loaf with some vegan ketchup or a drizzle of homemade gravy.
Raw Veggie Loaf [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup carrots
- 1 cup daikon radish
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes, soaked
- 1/2 cup celery or celeriac
- 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds, hulled
- 1/2 cup sprouted wheat berries
- 1/2 cup onion
- 1/4 cup flat parsley
- 1/8 cup flax meal
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegan Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon caraway
- Roughly chop vegetables for food processor.
- Grind flax seed, cumin, and caraway in spice grinder.
- Add everything to a food processor and process until well chopped and mixed.
- Line a small ramekin or bowl with plastic wrap.
- Put in 1 cup of "meat" mixture and pat down with a spoon.
- Turn the bowl upside down on a dehydrator sheet and pull off the plastic wrap.
- Dehydrate for 6-8 hours, flip once directly onto the vented dehydrated sheet.
- Veggie Loaf