So I should start by saying this recipe makes me so happy. Just knowing a single-serving healthy cinnamon roll is only a few ingredients and a couple minutes away is just the stuff joy is made of. Am I right?! This recipe is super minimalist in terms of ingredients, equipment and technique. A child could make this recipe. In fact please make this with your child this weekend if you have one!
Raw Vegan Single-Serving Cinnamon Roll [Gluten-Free]
- 2 tbsp vegan coconut milk powder
- 1.5 tsp coconut water (or more if you like)
- a couple drops liquid stevia
- a little vanilla bean extract or powder
- 1 tsp maple syrup or agave or coconut nectar
To make 1 Cinnamon Roll:
- 2 coconut date rolls (I used the ones from Natural Delights, using date rolls stored at room temperature is best)
- 1 large room temperature medjool date
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (or more)
- Add all glaze ingredients to a small bowl. Stir very well with a spoon until a glaze forms. Set aside.
- Slice each date roll in half lengthwise. You should now have four pieces of date rolls. Press them together at the ends to make a longer roll. Flatten out the roll with your hands to make a long flat yet thick rectangle.
- Slice your date into four thin pieces. Arrange these on top of the rectangle and press gently together. Slowly roll up the log, gently pinching as you roll it into a cinnamon roll shape. Flatten the top slightly so it is level. Drizzle with glaze or pour glaze over the top and enjoy.
These cinnamon rolls can be warmed in a steamer for a minute. They become warm and goey. To warm them up, make your roll(s) then place them in a steamer over simmering water for a minute or a little less. Remove, glaze and enjoy!