These raw donuts would be perfect for a party, fun dessert or post workout treat! They are also packed full of protein and nutrients. Give them a go!
Raw Vanilla Donuts with Blueberry Glaze [Vegan]
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 1/2 cup oats
- 2 scoops vegan protein powder
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2-4 tablespoon water
- 1 cup cashews, soaked and drained *see notes
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Cacao nibs, blueberries and shredded coconut
- Add cashews, oats, protein, coconut and cinnamon to a food processor. Pulse until a sandy texture is formed.
- Add in raisins and coconut oil and blend until it starts to form a dough. If it's too dry, add the water a tbsp at a time until it comes together in a ball. Set aside in the fridge to firm up while you prepare the blueberry glaze.
- Rinse out blender and add in all glaze ingredients. Blend for 7-8 minutes, until really smooth and creamy. Stop and scrape down the sides of the processor as needed. Empty glaze into a cereal bowl.
- Lightly grease a donut pan with a little coconut oil. Press chilled donut mix into the pan, pressing down firmly. Using a blunt knife, gently lift out the donuts.
- Dunk the top of the donuts into the frosting, then top with coconut, cacao nibs and fresh blueberries.