This decadent ice cream tastes reminiscent of strawberry cheesecake, topped with a sweet blueberry syrup. Garnished with mint and whole blueberries, it looks fit for a fancy restaurant! The ice cream in this recipe can be made without an ice cream maker, meaning if you've never tried your hand at making your own ice cream, now's the time.
Raw Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream With Blueberry Syrup [Vegan]
This Recipe is :
For the Blueberry Syrup:
- 1 cup of blueberries, fresh or frozen and thawed
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
For the Ice Cream:
- 1 1/2 cups of cashews, soaked for 2 hours in cold water
- 1 1/2 cups of strawberries, fresh or frozen and thawed
- 1/2 cup maple syrup, coconut nectar, or agave nectar
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup of coconut oil (depending on how thick you like your ice cream)
- 2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract
- A pinch of Himalayan crystal salt or sea salt
To Make the Blueberry Syrup:
- Combine blueberries, maple syrup, and vanilla extract in a blender. Blend until smooth.
To Make the Ice Cream:
- Melt your coconut oil on low heat until liquid.
- Combine cashews, strawberries, sweetener, melted coconut oil, vanilla extract, and salt in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the liquid ice cream into an airtight container and freeze for 1 to 2 hours, until solid.
- Use an ice cream scoop to make small ice cream balls. Serve with blueberry syrup, fresh berries, and mint.
The ice cream will stay fresh in an airtight container in the freezer for at least 2 months. The blueberry syrup will stay fresh for at least 5 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Add lemon juice to the syrup if your blueberries are too sweet.