I was in the mood for doughnut holes so I had to make some. These come together quick, so no excuse not to make them. They were the perfect balance of tart and sweet, and in a way, refreshing. I imagine myself sitting out on the patio with some lemonade and these just enjoying the fresh air. If I had a hammock and a patio...but for now eating them in the kitchen is just fine and they are delicious!
Raw Raspberry Lemon Doughnut Holes [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 cups finely shredded dried coconut
- 1 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup dried organic raspberries
- 1/2 cup soft medjool dates, pitted (if not soft, soak them for 30 minutes in filtered water and drain well)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup lemon juice (or as needed)
- 2 Tbsp lemon zest
- 4 scoops vanilla lucuma protein powder
- 1 cup finely shredded, dried unsweetened coconut (for the “powdered sugar”)
- Combine coconut and flaxseed in the food processor and process until well blended and the consistency of flour.
- Add the raspberries, dates, lemon juice and zest, sea salt, extract and protein powder and process until smooth and starting to hold together when squeezed (if it is not holding together add a little more juice).
- Roll into 12 balls.
For the Coconut Powdered Sugar:
- add the cup of finely shredded, dried unsweetened coconut to a high speed blender and blend until it is powder (but not too long or you will get butter!)
- Roll donuts in coconut powdered sugar and enjoy!
Store in the refrigerator.