In this recipe, a creamy layer of vanilla cheesecake sits between a date-and-nut crust and a sweet raspberry layer. The result is a raw dessert with beautiful colors that's sweet, but not too sweet.This can be made into one big pie or four smaller ones — perfect for parties. Top each pie with fresh raspberries and mint leaves for an adorable presentation.
Raw Raspberry Cream Cheesecake [Vegan]
For the Crust:
- 3/4 cup pitted dates
- 1/2 cup almonds or pecans
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
For the Filling:
- 2 1/2 cups raw cashews, soaked for 5-6 hours
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup non-dairy milk (soy or almond are best)
- 1/3-1/2 cup maple syrup or coconut nectar
- 5 drops of liquid stevia
- 3/4 cup raspberries, fresh (preferably) or thawed
To Make the Crust:
- Prepare the crust by processing the dates, nuts and coconut in a food processor. Add water, if needed, until you have a sticky consistency.
- Transfer mixture to a cheesecake pan and leave in the freezer while you make the filling.
To Make the Filling:
- Blend the cashews, melted coconut oil, maple syrup, milk, vanilla, and stevia drops until you have a very creamy consistency.
- If you want to have a white layer and a pink layer, at this time, remove half of the cheesecake filling and spread it on top of the crust. Add the raspberries and blend until creamy and smooth.
- Spread the filling over the crust and freeze for 24 hours. Once ready, leave outside the freezer for 5 minutes and remove from pan while frozen.
- Top cheesecake with your favorite fruits or any other topping you want.
- Let it sit for about 20-30 minutes before cutting and serving so you get a super creamy and not frozen consistency.
EXPLORE MORE VEGAN RECIPES WITH THESE INGREDIENTS