In an ideal world we would all have expensive appliances like Magimix food processors and Vitamix blenders to use, but I realize not everyone can afford them, or have a place to store them. You don’t always need these items to create awesome vegan dishes! This raw vegan raspberry cheesecake is a perfect example of being able to make awesome stuff with a lack of equipment. Just a garden variety food processor and freezer are all you need. I like to serve this raw cake with a handful of raspberries blended up with a couple of tablespoons of maple syrup.
Raw Raspberry Cheesecake (No Expensive Appliances Necessary!) [Vegan, Raw, Gluten-Free]
- 2 cups almonds
- 1 cup dried dates
- Sprinkle of desiccated coconut
- 3 cups chopped cashews, soaked for 2 hours
- ½ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup raw agave nectar
- ¾ cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 cup fresh/frozen raspberries
- To make the base, soak the dates in some warm water for 10 minute. Squeeze out excess water then process dates and nuts in a food processor until it clumps together.
- Sprinkle coconut onto bottom of 9” spring form cake tin. Press crust into the cake tin on top of the coconut.
- Blend cashews, agave, coconut oil, vanilla, salt, lemon and raspberry’s together until super smooth. Pour in mixture on top of crust and smooth the top level with a spatula. Place in the freezer for a few hours before serving until firm.
- Let cake thaw in the fridge for 15-20 minutes before serving.
EXPLORE MORE VEGAN RECIPES WITH THESE INGREDIENTS