In this recipe, the classic American peanut butter and jelly sandwich gets a raw cheesecake makeover! The crust is mix of peanuts and Medjool dates, the filling is creamy and peanut buttery, and it's topped with puréed strawberry "jelly." This no-bake cheesecake has all the goodness of everyone's favorite sandwich, in cake form.
Raw Peanut Butter and Jelly Cheesecake [Vegan]
For the Crust:
- 2 1/2 cups unsalted peanuts
- 10 Medjool dates, pitted
For the Filling:
- 14 ounces silken tofu
- 1 1/2 cups, plus 1 tablespoon peanut butter, no preservatives
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
For the Strawberry Topping:
- 14 ounces strawberries
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla powder, optional
To Make the Crust:
- Put peanuts and Medjool dates in a blender or food processor and process until you obtain a rough crumble.
- Make sure that the peanuts and dates are well mixed, then transfer into a 7-inch springform pan. Press it firmly into the baking form.
To Make the Filling:
- In a blender, process the peanut butter, silken tofu, and maple syrup until you obtain a smooth and creamy mixture. Put the filling over the dough in the springform and distribute it evenly.
- Put the cake in the refrigerator let chill for at least 4 hours until served.
- In a blender, place the strawberries, maple syrup, and vanilla, and blend until smooth. Serve over the cheesecake.
If you're using regular dates instead of Medjool, soak them for around 30 minutes before blending them.