These raw cinnamon doughnut bites are filled with creamy cashew ice cream and gooey strawberry chia jam. Every bite is bursting with flavor! We recommend making a big batch of them for those afternoons/evenings where you just want something delicious.
Raw Jam-Filled Doughnut Bites [Vegan]
For the Ice Cream:
- 1/2 cup cashews, soaked in water overnight
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1/2 cup strawberries
For the Doughnut Bites:
- 1 cup mixture of buckwheat and oat flour
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup dates soaked in water for at least 2 hours beforehand
- 1/4 cup almond or any other nut butter
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon ground
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean powder
For the Jam:
- 1/4 cup strawberries, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon rice malt syrup
For the Coating:
- 2 tablespoons desiccated coconut
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
To Make the Ice Cream:
- Drain the cashews. Add all of the ingredients to a blender and pulse until extremely smooth. Remove mixture from blender and set aside in freezer for 2-4 hours.
To Make the Doughnut Bites:
- Drain the dates. Add all ingredients to a food processor and process until thoroughly combined and it forms a "dough." Remove mixture and set aside in refrigerator.
To Make the Jam:
- Add all ingredients to a small bowl and smash with a fork until there are no lumps. Set aside in refrigerator.
To Make the Coating:
- Blend the coconut and cinnamon in a mini blender until it resembles fine dust. Set aside.
- When the ice cream can be 'scooped' into little pieces, remove it from the freezer. Roll or flatten the doughnut "dough" mixture into a 1-centimeter thick layer. Take a small handful of the "dough" and place it in the curved palm of your hand to form a 'cup'. Gently spoon the ice cream and jam into the center of the cup then wrap the "dough" around the ice cream and jam to make a ball. Pinch together the sides to bind the ends and add more "dough" to cover any holes. Roll the doughnut in the coconut cinnamon coating. Repeat for the remaining mixture and store in freezer.
- Remove doughnut holes from freezer, defrost for 5-10 minutes and serve.