This is absolutely, by far, one of my favorite salads!!! A quick and easy salad with an exquisite balance of Asian-influenced flavor.
Raw Asian Carrot Avocado Salad [Vegan]
- 2 TB. flaxseed oil
- 3 TB. lime juice
- 2 TB. ume plum vinegar or substitute raw Apple cider vinegar
- 1 TB. fresh ginger, chopped small
- 1 TB. ground coriander
- 1 TB. maple syrup or a few drops of stevia
- 4 cups grated carrots
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped - or more
- 1 cup parsley, chopped – or more
- 1 green onion, sliced (white and 1 inch of green parts)
- 1/4 cup raw sesame seeds(black or natural or both!)
- 3 TB. hemp seeds
- 1 medium avocado, chopped
- In a food processor or blender, blend oil, lime juice, vinegar, ginger, coriander, and sweetener of choice.
- Grate carrots and toss in a large bowl with cilantro, parsley, green onion, and sesame seeds, hemp seeds. Set aside.
- Pour dressing over salad, and toss well. Gently fold in avocado, and sprinkle extra sesame seeds and hemp seeds on top before serving.