Raw vegan delicacies are becoming increasingly popular, and this cake is no exception. Satisfyingly rich and creamy, this treat is a perfect way to end any dinner date!
Raw Hazelnut Cake with Chocolate Cream [Vegan]
For the Base:
- 17 1/2-ounces whole hazelnuts
- 3 1/2-ounces of oatmeal
- 10-12 dates (big Medjool dates, otherwise take a little more)
- 2 tablespoons raw cocoa powder
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup of water
To Make the Cream:
- 10 1/2-ounces whole cashew kernels
- 4 tablespoons of melted coconut oil
- 7 tablespoons of agave syrup
- 6 tablespoons coconut cream (coconut milk in the refrigerator overnight)
- 5 tablespoons raw cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons whole hazelnuts
- For the base, remove the core of the dates and roughly divide the dates. Mix together with the hazelnuts in a food processor or a high-performance mixer until both pieces are very fine. Add all remaining ingredients and mix until a small ball forms. Spatula the mass with a spatula from the sides and mix repeatedly.
- Line a large square baking tin (or two small ones) with baking paper and press the mixture evenly into the baking tin with your hands or with the dough spatula. (about 1-inch high) (A large spoon also works wonderfully.) Cover again with a second layer of baking paper and smooth out the mass. Then freeze the bottom for at least one hour in the freezer or refrigerate until everything has solidified.
- In the meantime, prepare the cream by finely grinding the cashews in the food processor and then add the remaining ingredients (except the raw cocoa powder). Mix everything well (for about 3-4 minutes) until a fine cream results. Then add the raw cocoa powder and mix again until everything is well connected. Again and again scrape the mass from the sides with a spatula.
- Remove the bottom from the freezer compartment and spread the cream evenly on it. (about 2-inches high) chop hazelnuts roughly and add to the decoration. Once again, to consolidate, put the raw cake in the fridge or in a cold place (about 1 hour). Cut into small pieces and enjoy. The cake will last up to a week when stored in the refrigerator.