This delicious chocolate cream cake is simple, but decadent and free from refined sugar. The crust is made from nuts and dates, the filling is made from coconut milk sweetened with dates, and the filling is rich and chocolatey. A topping of fresh or frozen berries is the perfect accompaniment to the chocolate and a sprinkle of powdered sugar on the top makes it look magical.
Raw Chocolate Cream Cake With Berries [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Base:
- 1.7 ounces unsalted rice cakes or nuts of your choice
- 1/2 cup raw hazelnuts
- 15 pitted dates
- 2 tablespoons cocoa, carob, or cacao powder
For the Cream Filling:
- 2 teaspoons agar agar powder or fruit pectin, dissolved according to package instructions
- 1/3 cup coconut cream
- 1 can 13.66-ounce full-fat coconut milk (with the highest content of coconut)
- 1 1/3 cups raw hazelnuts
- 3.5 ounces vegan chocolate
- 2 bananas
- 10 pitted dates
- 3 tablespoons wheat bran
- 4 tablespoons cocoa, carob, or cacao powder
For the Topping:
- Fresh or frozen berries, as desired
To Make the Base:
- In a food processor, blend all base ingredients into sticky crumbles.
- Line a cake pan with tinfoil so you can easily lift the cake out or use a springform pan.
- Press the blended base into the bottom of the pan.
- Refrigerate while you prepare the cream.
To Make the Cream:
- Soak hazelnuts for at least 4 hours.
- Dissolve the agar agar according to package directions.
- In a food processor, place all products and blending very well.
- Pour chocolate mixture over the base of the cake and store in the refrigerator for an hour and up to an hour and a half, until the cake is firm enough.
- Loosen cake from the mold and decorate as desired.