These raw cookies are sweet, coconutty, and chewy — essentially, they're the perfect summer cookie. Dried pineapple is combined with coconut, oats, pecans, and soft dates with no extra sweetener added. Since everything is better with chocolate, they're dipped in smooth dark chocolate and then chilled. Make a batch of these on hot days when you want something sweet, but don't feel like baking.
Raw Chewy Chocolate Pineapple Coconut Cookies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Cookies:
- 1 cup dried pineapple
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/4 cup coconut ribbons
- 1/3 cup raw pecans
- 4-6 dates, pitted
- 2 teaspoons mesquite powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A dash of salt
For the Dark Chocolate Coating:
- 1/2 cup raw cacao butter
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- A dash of salt
To Make the Cookie Dough:
- Chop pineapple into chunks and soak the dried pineapple and dates for approximately 20 minutes.
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and process until a dough forms.
- Place the dough on baking tray lined with parchment paper and roll to about 1/2-inch thick.
- Use a cookie cutter of your choice and cut out cookies approximately 2 inches in diameter.
- Place in the refrigerator to set while making the chocolate coating.
To Make the Chocolate Coating:
- Shave raw cacao butter into slivers and melt it using a double boiler method on a very low setting.
- Combine cacao powder, coconut sugar, and salt in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add melted cacao butter and mix well removing any clumps.
- Remove cookies from the refrigerator using a fork place each cookie in the chocolate bowl one at a time until evenly coated.
- Place each cookie back on the baking tray lined with parchment paper and set in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.