These raw cherry brownies are a decadent chocolate cherry dessert. They are naturally sweetened with dates and dried cherries, which adds to the richness of this smooth chocolate brownie. Crunchy almonds and chewy cherries give it a texture that will leave you wanting more.
Raw Cherry Brownies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 1/2 cups of dried cherries
- 2 cups walnuts
- 1 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dates (roughly 4)
- 1/2 almonds, chopped
- Soak 1 cup of cherries in water for an hour.
- Place 2 cups of walnuts in a food processor and process into a granular flour.
- Add 1 cup of cacao powder and 1/4 teaspoon of salt to the food processor and process until smooth.
- While the food processor is running, slowly add 1 cup of soaked cherries and 1/2 cup of dates and process until smooth.
- Fold in 1/2 cup of cherries and 1/2 cup of raw chopped almonds.
- Press the brownie batter into lined 8×8-inch brownie pan and freeze for 2 hours to set.
- Remove the brownies from the freezer, cut into 8-12 squares, and serve.