Introducing creamy cheesecake filled cinnamon rolls, good for breakfast, snacks, or dessert. These no-bake raw vegan goodies are filled with whole nuts, seeds, and grains, sweetened with unrefined sugar, and flavored with cinnamon, vanilla, and lemon. This recipe takes about 20 minutes to prep and uses a dehydrator to dry the dough for about 40 minutes. Cashew cream cheese fills the delicious cinnamon dough and also tops it off. Essentially, a party for your tastebuds.
Raw Cheesecake Filled Cinnamon Rolls [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Dough:
- 1 cup flax seeds
- 1 cup almonds or almond flour
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup date paste; 1/2 cup dates blended with 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup coconut nectar
- 1 tablespoon ceylon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
For the Cream Cheese Filling:
- 1 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup coconut nectar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract; or 1/4 of a vanilla bean
To Make the Cinnamon Rolls:
- Grind the flax seeds, almonds, pecans, and rolled oats separately until they become fine flour.
- Add all the flour to a mixing bowl and mix it all together.
- Mix in the rest of the ingredients until it becomes a big ball of dough. Add more water if the mixture is too dry, add more almond flour if the mixture is too wet.
- Place the dough on a dehydrator sheet, add another dehydrator sheet or plastic wrap on top to roll the dough with a rolling pin.
- Dehydrate at 115-125°F for 20 minutes, then put another dehydrator tray on top without the teflex sheet to easily flip over and dehydrate for another 20 minutes. The dough should be dry to touch but still pliable to roll.
To Make the Cream Cheese Filling:
- Blend the cashews until it becomes fine flour.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and blend until silky smooth.
- Transfer the dough back to a teflex sheet or plastic wrap.
- Add 3/4 of the cream cheese filling to the dough and spread out, leave about 1/2 inch on each side to avoid the cream cheese spilling out the sides.
- Use the teflex sheet or plastic wrap to gently roll the dough.
- Use a clean sharp knife to cut the cinnamon rolls, about 1-inch thick.
- Add the rest of the cream cheese to a plastic bag, or actual piping bag, cut off the tip of the corner, to leave a very small opening for you to pipe the cream cheese onto the cinnamon rolls as pictured.
- Refrigerate until ready to eat, to warm place in dehydrator at 165°F for about 10-20 minutes.
Stores in refrigerator for about 1 week.