The crust of this amazing raw cake is made of almonds, carob, dates, and coconut oil, with a pinch of sea salt and cinnamon. The top layer is a blend of creamed coconut, coconut oil, desiccated coconut and fresh pears. It’s all finished off with some tahini drizzle to make it even more amazing. Each bite of this cake offers a mixture of different taste and textures; it's truly a wonderful experience.
Raw Carob Coconut and Pear Cake [Vegan]
For the Crust Layer:
- 3/4 cup almonds
- 2 tablespoons carob powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- A pinch of sea salt
- 6 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tablespoons coconut oil
For the Pear and Coconut Layer:
- 1 cup creamed coconut or coconut butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 pears, peeled, cored and puréed
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
For the Tahini Drizzle:
- 1 tablespoons tahini
- 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
For the Topping:
- Fresh pear slices
- Flaked coconut
- Carob powder
- Grease base of 6-inch round cake tin.
- Place all of the ingredients for the crust layer into a food processor and blend until the mixture comes together. Spoon the mix into the tin, spread evenly onto the base, and press tightly down. Place into a fridge.
- In a small pot gently melt creamed coconut with coconut oil. Stir in 2tbsp maple syrup, pear purée, cinnamon, and desiccated coconut.
- Spoon onto the crust layer and smooth out the top.
- Place into a freezer for about 1 hour to set.
- Once set, gently remove from the tin and place onto a serving dish.
- Whisk the ingredients for the tahini drizzle. Drizzle the top and arrange your choice of topping on top of the cake.
- Store in a refrigerator or freezer.